Saturday 1 June 2013

For Dad......with Love.....

We've been waiting for the weather to cooperate so we could do some finishing touches......

The work in progress.....Jordan and Josh....



We made Mom sit down and supervise as she tripped and fell, bent her glasses and scraped her nose!



The cows stood and watched.....nodding with their approval



The work crew......




I'm sure Dad was laughing at us as we struggled to get everything straight and level....but I'm sure he would be impressed and happy with our handiwork...



With all our love to you Daddy.....




4 comments:

  1. It turned out lovely, I didn't know you could do that. His marker is really nice also. My thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leasa! The plot is actually 3+ times the size but we only did part of it for now. There's a story behind the marker. We didn't want the usual concrete one...wanted something different. Mom, Josh and I spent hours in the gravel pit (owned by my employers), searching for the perfect rock. We hauled one back to the cemetery. It was okay but not perfect. Drove home to my place and standing in the driveway, we suddenly see the perfect rock in the midst of my lilac bushes. It had probably been sitting there for about 15 years and I didn't even remember it being there. It was the perfect rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful Doris, and I love the marker too, so perfect. Where my parents are, there are all kinds of rules and you can't do much personalization, I don't like that at all. What yo have done makes your Dad proud, I am sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Doris, and I love the marker too.
    The rock in the lilac bushes is a great story, it had been sitting there waiting all these years :)

    ReplyDelete