Thursday 13 August 2015

Isla Mujeres 2015 ~~ Day 7-8

Okay….after a little hiatus, back on the trip report wagon!


Isla Mujeres 2015

Day 7




As always, up long before the sun to catch those first rays…





It’s nice when Vince joins me for these refreshing views, but I actually really look forward to this time by myself.  It’s wonderful to just sit and stare at the changing colours of the sky, watch the birds float overhead and hear the steady rhythm of the waves.  It’s definitely my zen time.




After a light breakfast we decide that we’ve been too lazy the past few days and need to get out for a walk.  It’s a beautiful day, so let’s walk to Chedraui and get some groceries at the same time.  I’ll be back soon sweet view…



We stop to enjoy the scenery along the way….





So, leaving for a walk at 1pm in the afternoon seemed like a good idea at the time.  But it’s scorchin’ hot out and by the time we get there, my face is red like a beet!  Nice reprieve in the air conditioning while we shop.  We stocked up on numerous things….I just love walking each aisle and just checking everything out. 

With full bags and empty wallet, we take a taxi home.   I quickly put things away and head straight for the balcony and dipping pool.  My feet are killing me!  New Birkenstock sandals that I didn’t have time to break in have made my feet a little unhappy.  Dipping them in the nice refreshing water feels great.

We make some ham bun sandwiches and enjoy the sunset from our front row seat….




We were supposed to meet the gang at Morgan’s for drinks, but I came down with a serious headache….too much sun today.  Note to self, do not go for a long walk in the midday heat!  Drank a ton of water, took some meds and headed to bed for a nice long sleep.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 8



After a wonderful sleep, I awake feeling so much better.  Thank goodness!  Good morning Sol!




  
While my sweetie snores away, I start a yummy brekkie with the goods we bought yesterday.  This will be my first official cooked meal after 16 years of holidays!  Let’s get started!



In the beautiful new Isladise kitchen, it’s easy to enjoy cooking.  In no time, it’s ready…with a view!



It was delicious and I felt quite proud of myself!  Haha!  Feeling lazy with those full tummies, we do a bit of cleaning up and then head out the few steps to our balcony to laze away, reading and snoozing….





From the balcony we’ve been able to watch the gathering for the parade.  Around 3 we head over to Medina to catch some of the performances and costumes.  Come along!....
















Traffic jam, Isla style….



Yaron from Olivia is stuck in it! 



One of the murals done recently…



Vince!!!  This is the moped we need to rent!!!!  Darn, can’t convince him to go pink!


Isla party cart…


Stair mural….



Feeling brave, I attempt another meal….just loving this kitchen!   As much as we love the food on Isla, when you stay 5 weeks, the budget needs a bit of tweaking…plus it’s a nice change!



Breaded chicken breasts, potatoes and asparagus….quite good if I say so myself!  And enough chicken left over for dinner tomorrow…bonus!



Dinner finished, we go up to the balcony to enjoy the sunset before heading to centro.




So happy to see the churro cart…..decadent yumminess for 25pesos.  Saw all of our amigos gathered nearby and had a good chat.  We’ve been somewhat reclusive the past few days….just needed that time to unwind together.   Tomorrow we begin getting ready for Fiestarita!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos, Doris! I loved seeing so many more diversified groups in the parade this year--loved the sperman/wonder woman one! We have started cooking in a bit more too!

    ReplyDelete