Sunday 13 January 2013

Out of the classroom and into the mountains!

Jason is thoroughly enjoying his time in the Kootenays so far!  He has 50 students in his Math class at Selkirk College.  After a busy week....which included almost having to sleep in his car one night until he found a place to live....he got out in the sunshine to enjoy the spectacular scenery nearby......


First sunny day since I arrived.  A good day to check out Whitewater ski hill, 20 min south of Nelson.  I hiked roughly 300m up a black diamond run through the trees - at times it felt like climbing a wall.  The ridge I had planned to hike to seemed quite distant due to my burning leg muscles.  So I took a couple photos and proceeded to slide down the slope on my back/bum.  A couple minutes later I was near the bottom and laughing with exhilaration!
I hope everyone is well!
Jason



This is the view from his front door....





On his climb....





I don't like winter, but even I have to admit that it's gorgeous!





Keep having fun Jason!


No comments:

Post a Comment