Thursday 4 September 2014

Isla Mujeres 2014 ~~ Day 13-14

Isla Mujeres 2014

Day 13 ~~ Wednesday Feb.19

"Press Repeat and another Yummy Dinner!"


Even when the sunrise isn't exactly breathtaking, I still find it the most relaxing and
rejuvenating time of day….just lost in thoughts of the past few days and looking 
forward to today….





I so appreciate each and every day here….



For us, today is just another lazy day in paradise.   There is something so ridiculously decadent about just staying at 'home'…..taking dips in the pool, enjoying our music, running downstairs to get a cold drink out of the fridge….the true meaning of 'holiday'….


And somehow, the day just slips away.  This photo looks like it was taken in black and white, but it wasn't….just how the sunlight was shining at the moment…..


We are meeting friends Deene and Lloyd for dinner, but still have some time to enjoy the sunset….



Have you ever noticed that the sunrise and sunset of a day are often mirror images of each other?  If the sunrise has some clouds, usually the sunset does as well….


We haven't had a chance to have dinner with Deene and Lloyd yet, so we're looking forward to a nice evening.  Also looking forward to a great meal at Asia Caribe once again.  Can't go wrong there!  Great service and good prices too…

Deene had fish tacos...



Lloyd had an amazing beef tenderloin steak that everyone was raving about for days!  Incredibly tender and grilled exactly as he requested….a little pricey, but the best steak I've ever tasted on Isla...



Vince enjoyed a delicious pecan encrusted grouper…..a touch of  sweetness and crunch….really good!



And me…of course I had my sushi fix once again….California Special Rolls…


We finished it off with some nice fresh gelato and made it an early night!



Day 14 ~~  Thursday Feb.20


Rolling out of bed this morning for sunrise, I wasn't sure if I would linger for long….
it didn't look very impressive….



But then…..colours started appearing…



And it became the most gorgeous sunrise that I have ever seen…..






I literally sat on the edge of my seat the entire time…..amazed at the beauty surrounding me.  I have not done one tiny bit of enhancement to these photos…what you see is exactly how it was!  What an amazing way to start the day!!


And today, after a light brekkie, we are off to Playa Norte.  It's a toasty hot and humid day…perfect beach day!


The view from my chair….



I could sit and look at this all day….


We enjoyed a relaxing hot day at the beach….leaving for home in time to catch another awesome sunset from our balcony….






No time to linger as we are off to meet the gang for happy hour at Morgan's on Hidalgo.  They have Margaritas 2 for $90 pesos from 5-7pm.  And they are deeeeelicious!

When we arrive Dan and Steph are just about to dig into a mixed fish ceviche.  They say it's soooo good….I'll take their word for it….not my cup of tea!



Apparently good to the last drop too….Steph getting every last morsel as Naiara looks on with a laugh!


We enjoy a fun visit together and then Jan, Bruce, Frank, Vince and I decide to give Velasquez a try for dinner.  I've heard such good things about it for so many years, so I'm looking forward to it.

A casual setting with toes in the sand next to fishing boats…hearing the waves lapping against the shore…



Complimentary snacks…



Vince orders fish filet Veracruz….


Frank had a whole fried fish...


 Jan and I both ordered garlic fish filet….neither of us noticed any garlic….in fact, it was quite bland…not my favourite meal, but we'll go back again sometime.


Frank thoroughly enjoyed his dinner….down to the last bone!



As we were leaving for the walk back to Hidalgo, I was going to use the washroom but Frank, gentleman that he is, suggested another location for that purpose.  Lucky for us, Jean and Rich were at home at Los Arcos and we could borrow their excellent facilities and enjoy the view of Hidalgo too!  The rooftop ComoNo at El Patio was jam packed and hopping!



Lots of folks out and about on Hidalgo…



Feeling revived and ready for dessert….we head for the Italian gelato shop…a little pricier than the shop by the zocalo but their cherry ice cream was the bomb!  And as we're sitting across the street on a stoop, Vince captures one of my favourite photos of this holiday.  Could we be any more colour coordinated?!  Love these amigos!


The end to another really perfect day from start to finish!



2 comments:

  1. Doris, I've been reading your reports all along but I had to go back to read this one again. I wanted to show Dave the rooftop lounge at Como-no. Great shots of the rooftop and of Hidalgo. Also, that last photo of you, Frank, Jan & Bruce is such a wonderful pic of great friends. A lovely memento.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy…..Hidalgo was hopping that night as it usually is that time of year. The view from Los Arcos is great for people watching. Lots of stairs to get up to the third floor but worth it!

    I love that last photo too…..Vince was still in the Italian ice cream shop and then saw us sitting there…it was so impromptu, but such a great moment to capture!

    ReplyDelete