Sunday 7 October 2012

A Day of Thanks.....


This is a difficult year to feel 'thankful' and 'grateful'. It has definitely been the most difficult year of my life. Saying a final farewell to my Daddy just 6 weeks ago was the hardest. But, I am so thankful that he passed in peace and that Mom and I were with him. I'm also very thankful that, although some days were difficult, we had this extra time with him after his cancer surgery. Almost 4 bonus years that we hadn't expected. So, Yes, I do have a lot for which to be grateful.

But this year has been turbulent from the very beginning. Sometimes it seems like things are spinning out of control, with each day bringing a new challenge. Why do we have to have so many struggles while others breeze through life without a bump in the road? People say 'challenges make you stronger'. I don't see that happening. I'm trying to be strong and 'up for the challenge' but some days I literally bang my head against the wall and really wonder 'Why'? What have I done to deserve all the negativity this year? Am I really a bad person and I've brought this on myself?

So, what to do? Well, like every other day, I'm going to pull up my socks and try to stay positive. Surely, something good will come out of all this mayhem!

For today, I will live in the moment and be thankful for the good days. The sun is shining, the turkey will soon be in the oven and the pumpkin pie and whip cream awaits.
What's not to love about a 3000 calorie day!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment