Tuesday 5 November 2013

Isla Mujeres 2012 ~~ Day 21-24

Isla Mujeres 2012

Friday Mar.2

~~Day 21  “Off To Mérida We Go!”

Not a spectacular sunrise this morning but we have to be up early as we are off on an adventure!


Ferry ride, taxi to bus station and then on to a comfy ADO bus for a smooth 4-hour ride to Mérida.  Easy peasy.  Entering the city….



Instead of taking up a lot of time and space with Mérida posts, I will post links to the photo reports I posted on my blog.  If the links aren’t ‘clickable’, you will have to copy/paste.

When we went to Mérida in 2011, we arrived at a bus station.


We had a different route this time. It was like a scenic tour. This time we arrived in a different place….more like just a parking lot.  But it was easy to hail a taxi to our home for the next 3 nights, Casa Pocito….a beautiful historic home.   Here is a link to my blog where I posted about ‘Where We Stayed’…


Once we get settled, we make a beeline for one of our favourite cantinas on the way to centro.  We’re always an oddity here but it’s such a fun place!  There’s entertainment, cheap drinks and free botanas.  The more you drink, the more botanas they bring and the fancier/more traditional they get!


My blog post on ‘Bebidas y Botanas y Mérida’…


My blog post on ‘Out and About in Mérida’…


My blog post on ‘The Churches of Mérida’…


My blog post on a visit to ‘The Market’…


My blog post on another definite must do….’Paseo de Montejo’…



I heartily recommend a visit to Mérida….at least 2 or 3 days.  I also highly recommend where we stayed at Casa Pocito.   A little pricey, but reasonable if you share with another couple.  It’s a gorgeous home and a great location.  Take comfy shoes as you will do a lot of walking! 


Monday, Mar. 5

~~Day 24  “Back Home to Isladise”

We leave Mérida early Monday morning….




Just after 1 we are back on Isla…ahhh….feels good to be home!


Since it’s a bit cloudy and we’re not in a rush to get to the beach, let’s have lunch!  I can see Bally Hoo from here and pretty sure I can hear the fish tacos calling my name!


Nothing like great food with a great view…


Back home to our Casita Isladise.  It feels great to relax and just enjoy the sunset after a few busy days…


We had made reservations for tonight at Olivia’s before we went to Mérida.  Looking forward to a delicious dinner…

My usual…beef kebabs with rosemary potatoes….



And one of Vince’s favourites….chicken with olives…


Tomorrow….a quiet day at home…







No comments:

Post a Comment