Monday 11 November 2013

Isla Mujeres 2012 ~~ Day 28-29 ~~ THE END!!

Isla Mujeres 2012

Friday Mar. 9

~~Day 28  “LAST is a 4-Letter Word”


Today begins the day of ‘Lasts’…..the last time to sit on the beach, the last dinner, the last sunset.  Sigh…..


But this is not the last sunrise!  I get one more tomorrow!  So I sit back and enjoy…


Not about to waste a minute of this day, we take a walk to centro and then back along the malecon.  We stop to admire our home away from home….



We walk to the end of the malecon and then turn north on Juarez and walk a short distance to our front door…..how we will miss this beautiful place!





A light breakfast, a stop to enjoy the view….


And then we’re on our way to sizzle away on our last day on Playa Norte.  Rueda Medina looking spotless as always….


And for the rest of the day we just sit back and enjoy every moment….memorizing everything until we can return again….



We have a months worth of packing up to do, so we only have time for glimpses of the sunset and another moment to admire the moonrise.


We had a wonderful, delicious and romantic last dinner at Olivia’s….truly one of our very favourite places to enjoy a great meal. 



Saturday Mar. 10

~~Day 29  “THE END”…..until next time!



I don’t think I slept very much….there was no way I was going to sleep in and miss the very last sunrise….



Sweet, yet bittersweet.  Why does the time always go by so quickly!  As lucky as we are to stay for a month, it’s never long enough.  But I’m grateful for every sunrise that I have seen….



Our last moped ride to Chedraui to pick up some supplies that we hope will last until our return….limon mayonnaise, cacahuates, Kahlua.  


Then Vince returns the moped while I finish up the packing.  Our flight doesn’t leave until later today, so we aren’t in any rush.  We can sit back and enjoy the views for a little longer.





Muchas gracias to Cori and Pedro for creating this wonderful oasis.  It truly is ‘Isladise’! 




One more look….


Mr. Iguana says hasta luego….


And then it’s time to drag the suitcases to the ferry.  If I’d known that the ferry terminal was going to be demolished I would have taken more photos!  I’ll miss the rustic simplicity of it….


It doesn’t matter how many times we’ve been here, the colours of the water always takes my breath away….




It just makes me want to jump in!


Suitcases stowed, we hop up the stairs to enjoy the view.  And what can I see?  The balcony of Isladise where I was just sitting a short time ago!


And then the engines roar to life and my heart skips a beat….we’re leaving….we’re actually leaving……it’s hard to hold back the tears.



Isla Mujeres……We will return…….













1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much Doris for taking the time to do a report, as always it was great! I have enjoyed your reports for years now, they always help tide me over till I can get back to our favorite little island!
    Karen in OH

    ReplyDelete