Tuesday 14 October 2014

Isla Mujeres 2014 ~~ Day 21

Isla Mujeres 2014

Day 21 ~~ Thursday  Feb.27

"Don't Rain On My Parade!"


Something is not right, not right at all!  Where is my sun to greet me this morning?



Still a pretty view with the very calm ocean...


With no sun to savour, my mind remembers that today is a day close to my heart for 2 reasons….today it is 18 months since my dad passed away.  He knew how much I loved my Mexico holidays and I know he's happy that I'm back in my 'Isladise'…..love you and miss you every day Daddy!



The other reason is a happy memory….today is the 12th anniversary of our vow renewal at the Iberostar Paraiso del Mar with our friends Sandi and Bob.  Such a special day for all of us…


As I sit and reminisce I suddenly realize that the sun is shining again…..time to once again live in the moment and enjoy this view...



And a moment of laughter and chagrin when yet another tourista drives down the malecon in a golf cart.  When will they learn?


Since it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day after all, we enjoy the view while getting ready for la playa...


As we zoom zoom to the beach, the clouds started to roll in….they'll just roll on by hopefully!  I haven't seen anyone else on a scooter hauling 2 beach back chairs along….it's a balancing act but we're pretty good at it by now….building up my shoulders!


Firmly planted, we wait for the rays to sizzle us…..


Unfortunately there is no sizzle, only drizzle….


And giggles...


It really starts to pour…..people clear out but we take refuge under a parasol until it passes...


Dan and Steph brave the waves and rain to enjoy the water all to themselves...


After some time, it's obvious that there will be no more sunshine today.  We get home just before the thunder and downpour begins...




We have plenty of time to get ready for our annual renewal anniversary dinner at Olivia.  The rain hasn't stopped yet so our garden setting table may not be possible.  When it's time to go, we try to catch a taxi into centro.  We get soaked just waiting for one.  Finally after 3 tries, we hop in…$20 pesos.  When I step out of the taxi, I step into about 6" of water in the street…oh dear….I'll be disinfecting that leg later!

Lior and Yaron greet us and lead us to a cozy table in the garden under the palapa roof….perfect!   We order our favourite appys, warm parmesan bread with tzatziki and a shepherd's salad….delicious!


¡Salud!


I don't even need to look at the menu….Beef kebabs are mine!


Vince orders one of his favs…chicken in olives….always good...


Somehow we find room for dessert….freshly made cherry ice cream….so good…too bad I didn't focus on it very well…I'll blame it on the very good cab sauv that we enjoyed….


Another wonderful dinner at Olivia….definitely one of our very favourite restaurants, and our go-to place for a consistently delicious meal, great service and cozy setting.  Gracias to Lior and Yaron!

It's not raining when we are ready for home….a centro landmark….


Dan and Steph stop by our casa to say goodbye….boohoo….sad to see our amigos leaving!  We enjoyed some very fun times and look forward to more in 2015!


1 comment: