Saturday 10 November 2012

Sidetracked....

I was on a little roll with the Mérida posts, but then along came this little thing called 'It's time for a colonoscopy'.  So...not going into details about that other than all went well...literally ALL went.  The surgeon said everything looked good and biopsies will be back in a few weeks.  Fingers crossed for a clean bill of health!

With that said....PLEASE....if you are over 50 or have any new or unusual symptoms, schedule your colonoscopy right now!  It's not the most fun way to spend a day or two, but that temporary discomfort is so worth it!  So, suck it up and get it done!!!

Okay, back to a bit of regular programming.......

We woke up to this yesterday morning......


I guess it wasn't totally unexpected as it is November, but it's still a shock to the system when it's the first snowfall of the year.  Then it begins to sink in that this is how it's going to be for the next 5 months or so.  It looks pretty for a few minutes but gets old real fast!

The snow continued all day and as I left work my car was covered.  Not only covered in snow, but because it had warmed up a bit, melted and then gotten cold again, my car windows were all iced up.  Surely when Vince put on my snow tires last weekend he would have put my snow scraper in the car too?  It must be here somewhere!  Nope!  No window scraper.  But what does every girl have in their wallet...credit cards!  So, choosing some rewards card that wasn't too important, I went to work and had my windows scraped in no time.  Not the most fun way to do it and I haven't checked to see if the windows are scratched, but it was the only option.  Since the snow is still here I'll be getting the proper gear in the car today.

And what's the perfect way to end a rough first day of winter......with homemade chicken noodle soup. Mom invited us over for dinner.  Friday night dinners at Mom's are becoming a bit of a new tradition since Dad passed away.  We are happy for this bit of family time together.  The soup was awesome!....Thanks Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment