Tuesday 18 November 2008

Isla Mujeres Chicas Only October 2008 -- The Room

What a crazy FUN holiday this was!!!  Somehow, a bunch of little pieces fell together and a group of chicas ended up on Isla Mujeres at the same time.  No hubbies or boyfriends in sight...woohoo!  Let the 'Sisterhood of the Travelling Bra' begin!

So, where to stay?  Girls travelling alone need a safe, secure place to stay.  Not to mention, convenient location, clean and Cheap!  We needed to budget wisely so we would have more pesos for pompom margs!

Maria Leticia was quickly chosen and with help from Chris on Isla Mujeres, the reservations were made.  I was very happy with my room, and for the price it couldn't be beat.  I would definitely recommend this location for anyone.  It's a very popular place and has many regulars that stay there for long holidays.  We were lucky to get in as it was low season.  Their website is  http://www.isla-mujeres.net/rentals/marialeticia/home.htm

Here is a little tour of my room and the location of Maria Leticia....





There was always lots of water pressure....the light in the bathroom was very dim though....I had to use a little flashlight in there sometimes!




Great views from the balcony!



On the second night I closed this heavy wooden door....it kept out any noise and gave added security as well.

Watch out for all the wires!





The metal security gate closes and locks at night....we had to wake up a night watchman several times...poor guy!  




A little video of the room...

8 comments:

  1. Another trip report from Doreese. Yea! They're what got me started on Mexico to begin with! :) Looking forward to seeing the fun in Isla Mujeres.

    Laurie in Cincinnati

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, room 11. I love it. I like that Nibardo bought a cushion for the sun chair which is also new since the last time I stayed in that room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, she's on a roll. Hope to see more soon!! I have also posted my first day.
    I owe you a friendship Anklet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm officially jealous. No husbands for how long? Your group may have to be bigger next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. D...I don't think I've ever told you that I call this "my room". It's where I stayed on my 1st trip. Fell in love with Isla here! Enjoyed watching the kids go to school every morning from balc,and street wake up. Those Wires Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to reading about your trip with all the wild women. :) I'm sure you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rooms there look nice. I have walked by quite a few times, but never visited.

    It was nice to get to spend some time with you on this trip. Sorry we will miss you in March!

    I can't wait to see more of your report...it should be interesting ;-)

    -Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice room tour amiga :)
    Good start on the Chicas Only trip!
    Next year JAH!

    ReplyDelete